We provide sophisticated legal advice and business counsel to a wide range of lodging, restaurant, bar, and food service industry clients.
With our extensive experience representing, advising, consulting and assisting a host of industry participants, Bernkopf has often been the counsel of choice for many leaders in the hospitality network. We regularly work with new and existing owners, operators, franchisees, syndicators, investors, chefs, lenders and landlords, as well as vendors and suppliers, in all aspects of the hospitality industry.
Many of our clients have been fixtures for multiple generations in the hospitality industry, particularly those operating in the New England region. Other clients include national chains with facilities throughout the United States, including those leaders who are making their entry for the first time into the growing New England market.
Our expertise includes the following:
- Acquisitions and Sales
- Development and Construction
- Leasing, including Ground Leases
- Choice and Organization of Business Entity
- Opening New Restaurants and Hotels
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Joint Ventures
- Strategic Planning and Repositioning
- Equity Placement
- Institutional and Private Financing
- Franchise Agreements
- Hotel and Facilities Management Agreements
- Meal Delivery Agreements
- Purchasing, Leasing and Financing of Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E)
- Liquor, Common Victualler and Entertainment Licenses
- Environmental Matters
- Labor and Employment
- Executive Compensation
- Succession Planning