Jim Friedman is a business lawyer who has extensive experience advising clients in all aspects of commercial real estate ownership, development and financing. He also serves as a trusted, strategic advisor to clients in a variety of general business matters. Jim works closely with clients to understand their business objectives and achieve the best possible results.
Jim represents developers, owners and lenders in connection with a wide range of transactions, including the purchase and sale of multifamily, office and retail properties; acquisition and construction lending, as well as refinancing of residential, office, retail and warehouse real estate; and the leasing and management of retail, office and industrial properties. Jim also represents and advises entrepreneurial, retail, hospitality and public relations clients in general business matters. Jim is an agent of First American Title Insurance Company.
Jim is an active participant in the hospitality industry. He is a former Director of the Boston Public Market Association, a volunteer organization whose mission is to facilitate the creation of a permanent, year-round public market in Boston sourced with local produce and prepared foods and from local producers.
Representative Matters & Significant Transactions
- Representation of a large private multifamily operator in numerous acquisitions and financings of properties in Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- Representation of a public athletic shoe and clothing manufacturer in leasing of outlet stores in the Northeast and Florida
- Representation of a family-owned residential developer in all aspects of acquisition, development, financing, and sale of single family residences and condominium projects, including its age-qualified and Chapter 40B properties
- Representation of salon and spa and upscale fashion retail chain operator in general business matters and leasing
- Representation of national agency mortgage lender in multifamily project loans
Memberships & Activities
- Massachusetts Bar Association
Professional & Civic Activities
- Former Director, Boston Public Market Association, Inc.
Honors & Recognition
- AV Martindale Hubbell Peer Rating
- Selected for Inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers 2010-2013