Emily Melia is an associate attorney at Bernkopf Goodman with a wide range of commercial real estate experience. She has represented developers in a variety of matters, including the drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, loan documents and entity formation documents. She has experience in lender representation, title and survey work, including writing title insurance policies. She also works with landlords and tenants in negotiating leases for office, warehouse and retail space. Her commercial projects include large shopping centers, restaurants, retail stores, large condominium developments, residential apartment towers, warehouses, office buildings and a professional sports stadium. Recent transactions include the representation of a developer in the purchase of land and $45 million loan for the construction of a 15-story apartment tower in Quincy Center, and the representation of a developer and title work in connection with a $35 million loan for the construction of a 77-unit apartment building in the Hingham Shipyard. She also has experience with the purchase and sale of corporations, including asset sales and stock transfers.
Emily lives in Hull and enjoys both playing and coaching softball.
Representative Matters & Significant Transactions
- Representation of a developer in the acquisition of land and $45 million loan for the construction of a 15-story apartment tower in Quincy Center
- Representation of a developer and title work in connection with a $35 million loan for the construction of a 77-unit apartment building in the Hingham Shipyard
- Representation of developers in connection with multiple Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Mass Housing loans, including $20 million loan on a HUD apartment building in Quincy; $25 million loan on a 250-unit apartment building in New Bedford; $10 million loan on senior living residences in Quincy; $12 million loan on subsidized elderly apartment building in Quincy
- Representation of owner in $13 million sale of boutique hotel in Cambridge
- Representation of developer in connection with development of residential townhomes in Norwell and Hingham, including borrower representation in connection with construction loan, title work, condominium documents and sale of units
- Performed title work in connection with the financing and construction of Patriot Place, including Gillette Stadium property.
Memberships & Activities
Massachusetts Bar, 2006
Real Estate Bar Association, 2006