Responsible, outgoing, and endlessly upbeat, April Wilmar is a true “deal junkie” and a strong advocate for her clients. A real estate and business lawyer who has learned the art of fostering strong working relationships, April works hard to ensure her clients achieve their desired results.
April has experience in the acquisition, disposition, financing (representing both borrowers and lenders), and leasing of virtually every commercial real estate asset class, including hotels, restaurants, retail spaces, multi-family buildings, office and industrial buildings, warehouses, business parks, as well as raw land for development projects. April works with individuals and businesses to develop joint venture transactions and development projects. Additionally, April also handles syndication and securities work in connection with private placement offerings. Finally, April handles corporate restructuring of entities for tax and estate planning purposes.
Outside of her legal practice, April puts her positive attitude to work as a member of numerous non-profit and community organizations.
Representative Matters & Significant Transactions
- $200,000,000.00 loan secured by 10 properties for the financing of a future development in South Boston, known as “On the Dot,” which included a private placement offering and numerous investors.
- $211,250,000.00 loan for the financing and expansion of an existing apartment complex located at Hancock Village in Brookline and Boston. The loan allowed the creation of an additional apartment complex to increase the number of apartments to 676 apartments, and the construction of a new community center and pool on the property.
- Development of a joint venture to develop eight proposed new building projects within a 4.9-acre area in South Boston, known as “Washington Village.” The development consisted of approximately 99,000 square feet of retail space, about 656 residential dwelling units, and around 648 parking spaces, with new streets, pedestrian paths, plazas, and landscaped open spaces.
- Purchase of multiple loans with Notes totaling approximately $100,000,000.00 with funds from private placement offerings.
Memberships & Activities
- Boston Bar Association
- Boston Area Real Estate Investors Association
Professional & Civic Activities
- Founded The John Thomas and Special Friends Fund, a non-profit corporation organized to benefit children with special needs and the institutions and organizations that care for and support them, and organize and implement all fundraising events.
- Participated in numerous fundraising events for Children’s Hospital Boston, Perkins School for the Blind, the Starlight Children’s Foundation, and other organizations benefiting children with special needs.
- Dedham Town Meeting Member.
- President of Dedham Special Education Parent Advisory Council.
- Board Member, Dedham Education Foundation.
- Board Member and Fundraising Director, Dedham Youth Hockey.
- Board Member, COVID Relief Fund, Dedham.
- Member of the Boston College and Boston College Law School Alumni Association.
Lectures & Seminars
The Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest, Case law summary publications, 2000-2001