Listed as a Massachusetts Super Lawyers “Rising Star” multiple times, Allen has successfully closed hundreds of millions of dollars of business and real estate transactions during his career at Bernkopf Goodman. His experience includes the financing, purchase, sale, and leasing of commercial properties; negotiating joint venture and partnership arrangements; entity restructuring and governance; and financing and securities work in connection with private placement offerings. Allen also advises on matters involving aircraft ownership, financing, sales, and purchases for both general and on-demand operation.
A standout from his peers, Allen offers unprecedented depth in the law and proven success in negotiating and closing sophisticated transactions. Highly disciplined, always curious and ever amiable, Allen is dedicated to understanding each client’s business and to delivering outstanding work product. Allen’s acute management abilities and meticulous attention to detail are bolstered by his personal commitment to meeting the critical deadlines inherent in complicated deals. He is known for structuring challenging transactions with many moving parts in a way that maximizes efficiency and saves clients time and money.
Allen thrives under the constant challenge of negotiating with and productively influencing deal constituents. Notably, his agility and people skills are often the key to keeping even the most difficult transactions on track. Clients and colleagues alike appreciate that Allen is a straight-forward and direct communicator. He consistently opts for collaboration and creativity when working with opposing counsel, all while ensuring his clients’ objectives are ultimately achieved.
Prior to joining the firm, Allen interned with a global asset management firm, where he focused on investment product structure and disclosure, corporate governance, and regulatory compliance. As a result, he delivers important insight into understanding how institutional finance and investing work from the inside out. Moreover, Allen served as summer counsel at the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, where he was involved with employment, housing, and government benefits matters.
In 2018, Allen successfully completed the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) course Commercial Real Estate Analysis and Investment.
Representative Matters & Significant Transactions
- Simultaneous closing of 19 loans totaling $134M secured by various multifamily properties in the Boston area valued at over $270M
- Due diligence for six commercial properties in Boston with an approximate value of $90M involving significant title, zoning, and building work
- Corporate restructuring for six affiliated business entities in connection with refinances totaling $40M
- Federal and state securities filings for private placement offering of $23M consisting of investors in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Illinois, Oregon, and Florida
- Acquisition and loan for multifamily and retail complex in Framingham, Massachusetts totaling $70M
Honors & Recognition
- Selected for inclusion in Rising Stars Edition of Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2015-2017
- Completed Commercial Real Estate Analysis and Investment, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)