Over a century of originality
Founded in 1894, Bernkopf Goodman ranks among Boston’s oldest most respected law firms. Abraham K. Cohen established the firm in 1894 by forming a partnership with his son-in-law, Max E. Bernkopf. As their success grew, Bernkopf Goodman quickly gained a reputation for being aggressive, practical, and cost-effective. Today, these attributes remain the hallmarks of our firm.
Bernkopf Goodman provides representation across the full spectrum of commercial real estate and business transactions as well as complex litigation. For over a century, we have applied both skill and ingenuity to address the vast business and legal needs of our clients. As a result, we have built lifetime relationships with many of our clients who routinely turn to us for our creative, straightforward counsel. Our many contacts in the areas of finance, banking, construction, and development permit us to find creative solutions and to achieve results others cannot. We are proud of these bonds and look forward to the next generation of client success.