Construction and Surety Law PDF
Whether you are building, developing, managing, guaranteeing, designing or financing a construction project, our Construction and Surety Group is well equipped to serve to you.
Our nationally recognized Construction and Surety Group consistently delivers pragmatic, innovative advice to clients in all aspects of construction and real estate development projects. Our Construction and Surety Group combines extensive legal expertise and technical knowledge to efficiently analyze plans, drawings and other construction documents, and to assess disputes. This powerful combination of legal and technical expertise allows our Construction and Surety Group to analyze competently a wide range of public and private construction disputes.
Our Construction and Surety Group has extensive experience representing our clients in state and federal courts and in arbitration proceedings throughout the United States, and has achieved an exemplary success rate in litigation of construction and surety disputes. In addition, a number of our Construction and Surety Group attorneys have extensive experience in drafting all forms of construction and development documents including general contracts, subcontracts, public and private partnership agreements, design agreements, and LEED®-related contracts. These attorneys have also developed expertise in some of the newest and most innovative project delivery systems including BIM and IPD.
Some of the areas of expertise we can offer to clients include:
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Preparation of bid packages and proposals
- Building information modeling
- Drafting and negotiating construction and A/E contracts
- Drafting and negotiating development, completion and takeover agreements
- Representing clients before administrative agencies on project-related regulatory matters
- Assisting owners, contractors and sureties in procuring and managing construction services
- Surety bond procurement assistance
- Design build projects
- Environmental matters
- Integrated project delivery services
- Project administration assistance
- Turnkey projects
Our attorneys can negotiate completion agreements for clients and facilitate continued work on “problem” construction projects by working closely with project owners, contractors and subcontractors to identify potential disputes before they arise or result in litigation.
Should disputes arise our attorneys are fully equipped to assist clients in protecting their legal rights. Representative dispute resolution services offered by our attorneys include:
- Claims preparation and analysis
- Bid permits
- Change condition claims
- Contract disputes
- Delay and disruption claims
- Subcontractor and supplier disputes
- Surety bond claims
- Civil litigation
- Arbitration and mediation
- Mechanic’s lien disputes
From the negotiating table to the construction site, and if necessary, in a dispute resolution forum, our lawyers provide effective and efficient services to help our construction clients achieve their financial and business goals.